Must Attend Car Shows this Weekend
Are you looking for family fun activities this weekend? Well, take it from the pros at Farm Boy Garage, car shows are a great family tradition to start. The first weekend in October won’t disappoint with several shows across the state of Iowa. Learn about the many car shows to attend, in this week’s blog.
Relay for Life Warren County Car Show
Saturday, October 5 from 2 pm – 5 pm there is a fundraiser event at the Indianola Middle school in Indianola, IA. There is a $10 entry fee for the show. There will be prizes for the top 5 in classes. The proceeds from the show go to the American Cancer Society. There will be a survivor lap at 4:30 along with live music, concession stand, silent auction, pie auction, and lighting of the luminaries, with a ceremony to remember and honor cancer warriors.
- Best in Show
- Best Classic
- Best Import
- Best Domestic
- People’s Choice
Q.C. Gearheads Buffalo Pumpkin Patch Car Show
Sunday, October 6 from 11 am – 2 pm at Buffalo Pumpkin Farms and Events in Buffalo, IA join the Q.C. Gearheads for a great event.
- Registration: 8 am -11 am
- Show: 11 am – 2 pm
- Show Registration: $10
- Free to Spectators
- Dash Plaques to the first 75 entries
- A ton of door prizes including a huge CASH prize
- All makes and models welcome
- Unique hand-built trophies
- Live DJ
- 50/50 Raffle
- Food available at the event
Bring the kids, they can pick a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch, enjoy hayrides, straw castles, and more. Come kick back with your gearhead friends one last time before the season ends.
32nd Annual Fun in the Sun Car Show
Join the Clinton Area Rod Clubs Sunday, October 6th for the annual Fun in the Sun Car Show. The show will be at Hy-Vee in Clinton, IA from 9 am -2 pm. This annual show features 150- 200 cars from all around. There will be music and emcee by 3D Sound Company featuring Dave Palmer, the encyclopedia of class car facts. For more information visit: www.clintonarearobclub.com.
- Registration: 9 am – 12 pm
- Judging: 12 pm – 12:30 pm
- Awards: 1 pm – 2 pm
Hot Rods & Harleys Car Show
Northeast Iowa’s premier outdoor car & bike show. You will enjoy small-town hospitality, entertainment, vendors, great food, and of course a great line up of cars and bikes. Admission is free to the public.
- Sunday, October 6, 2019 – Rain or Shine!
- Main Street Square in Hopkinton, IA.
- Vehicle Registration: 7 am – 11 am
- Show Hours: 11 am – 4 pm
- Awards: 3 pm sharp
- This is not a class show, it is a “Top” award show divided into 8 groups
Over 225 Custom Made Awards this Year!
- Top 30 awards for cars 1959 & older
- Top 30 awards for cars 1960 -1966
- Top 30 awards for cars 1967 - 1969
- Top 30 awards for cars 1970 -1979
- Top 30 awards for cars 1980 & newer
- Top 30 awards for all trucks & vans
- Top 15 awards for motorcycles & trikes
- Top 15 awards for “showcase” vehicles
This year’s showcase vehicles are Nova & Chevelle’s.
As you can see, the first weekend in October boasts several shows to attend. If you have a car or truck sitting in the barn just waiting to be restored to former beauty, Farm Boy Garage would love to help you out. Our muscle car restoration and classic truck restoration is done on-site. Your car will not leave our garage until the restoration job is complete. Visit our website www.FarmBoyGarage.com to learn more about the Farm Boys and the projects we have finished.
Muscle Car & Classic Truck Restoration